6 Easy Tips For Keeping Your Carpet Looking Like New!
1. Vacuum frequently and thoroughly. Dirt is the number one cause of wear and tear to your carpet. Be sure that you are vacuuming thoroughly at least once per week to keep the dry soils to a minimum and maximize the life of your carpet.
2. Clean up spots and spills swiftly and properly. To properly remove a spot use a clean absorbent towel (preferably a white one to avoid color transfer) and hot tap water in a spray bottle containing a small amount of a mild detergent – just make sure the detergent does not contain bleaching agents. Next, alternate blotting and spraying the area, DO NOT over wet the spot. You can even place a dry absorbent towel under something heavy like a book to completely remove the moisture from the carpet. Most spots can be removed if they are caught early. Of course the exceptions are, if a spill contains a dye, (i.e. red juice) or a bleaching agent then the spot is usually permanent.
3. Never scrub or rub spots. The correct method to remove a spill is to scrape the spot towards the middle and then blot with a white towel or cloth. Scrubbing or rubbing the spot will fray the carpet fibers and permanently damage the area.
4. Do not overuse carpet detergents, shampoos or spotters. Some people are addicted to their carpet spotters, but too much detergent in the carpet will result in a dirt attracting residue that will make your carpet appear dirty faster.
5. Clean your carpets professionally every 6-12 months. Carpet manufactures recommend cleaning your carpets professionally with van mounted steam cleaning. By cleaning every 6-12 months you will extend the life of your carpet and have a healthier, cleaner home.
6. Re-apply “Carpet Protector” every other cleaning. Carpet protector “seals” the fibers of your carpets and makes them resistant to most household stains. It also makes your vacuuming more efficient. The effectiveness of carpet protector is reduced about 30-35% with each cleaning. But, by re-applying at least every other cleaning you will continue to protect your carpet from stains and everyday wear and tear, giving your carpet the longest life possible
Call Victoria Carpet Care for a FREE In-Home Cleaning Evaluation: 250-474-7777
Here Is What Your Neighbors Say about My Work...
"Russ cleaned our Carpets in our home this past week. They look fantastic. What a wonderful job. Thanks Russ." Norm Moore, The Co-operators Victoria, BC
"We had our rugs cleaned by Russ in December and were very pleased at how clean they came and how they stayed clean much longer than when we used to rent a shampooer and do it ourselves. I've recommended Russ and I'm ready to book him again!" Susan D, Victoria BC
“Great customer care skills and excellent results. I would highly recommend Russ if anyone is looking to get those carpets cleaned.” Lee Cassells
“Russ Sheriff with Victoria Carpet Care is professional, incredibly knowledgeable, honest, and he truly cares about his clients and their needs. He has taken carpet care to a whole new level and goes above and beyond. I recently had him clean the carpets when my tenants moved out and he really was put to the test, and he left the room looking brand new. He also used a special odor guard to get rid of some horrible smells and it is amazing how well it worked. Big or small, carpets, rugs, upholstery, beds, you name it, Russ Sheriff with Victoria Carpet Care can do it all, and do it well. I highly recommend them.” Clare Martin, Victoria BC
Victoria Carpet Care is happy to provide the best Carpet, Upholstery and Area Rug Cleaning Services to all of Greater Victoria, Sooke, Metchosin, Langford, Colwood, Saanich, View Royal, Esquimalt and Oak Bay.