When it comes to allergies, there are thousands of irritants that can potentially cause allergy and asthma attacks, but researchers estimate that at least 80% of these attacks are triggered by one common culprit: Dust mite feces.
Dust mite feces is one of the hardest allergens to control, but it’s not impossible. There are steps that you can take today to help rid your home of this problem. First…
- Place your mattresses and pillows in allergy-impermeable covers
- Wash your all your bedding and pillows in hot water once a week
- Vacuum regularly, using a “high-efficiency particulate air filter”, HEPA filter, so that microscopic allergens aren’t released back into the air through your vacuum’s exhaust.
- Electrostatic filters helps remove airborne particles and some dust mites.
- Have your air ducts in your heating and air conditioning system cleaned at least once a year.
- Use a dehumidifier. Dust mites breed rapidly in high humidity.
- Professionally clean your upholstery, drapes and curtains every six months to a year.
- And most importantly, clean your carpets every three to six months using hot water extraction to get your carpets thoroughly cleaned. Additionally you can have the carpeting and upholstery treated with anti-allergen treatments
To get all the dirt, allergens, chemicals and other pollutants out, major carpet manufacturers recommend one cleaning method over all the others—hot water extraction, like Victoria Carpet Care uses. A shampooer that you rent from the grocery store can’t even begin to deliver the same results.