Carpet Cleaning Tips to Keep Your Carpet Looking Great Between Cleanings…
We all love the feeling after your carpet just has been cleaned... fresh, soft, and fluffy. All the spots that have been bothering you for the past few months are now gone. How do you keep them looking and feeling that way? Here are a few tips to help keep your carpet looking as fresh and clean as the day we professionally cleaned it.
1. Vacuum, Vacuum, Vacuum. As a general rule vacuum traffic areas 3 to 5 times per week. This will prevent dirt from settling into the carpet. Walking on dirt and grit that has settled to the base of the fibers causes an abrasive action, which results in the appearance of traffic lanes and worn areas.
2. Clean up spills immediately, before they become permanent stains. You may refer to our spotting guide online, which can be found at www.VictoriaCarpetCare.com ~ This will provide you with directions on how to go ahead and remove those spots. You may also call us at 250-474-7777 and we will also give you advice on how to properly remove the spill.
3. Have your carpet professionally cleaned on a regular basis. They should be cleaned every 6-12 months depending on the amount of “traffic” in the house. (i.e. kids, pets, shoes, etc.) Clean high traffic areas about twice as often as other areas.
4. Reapply Scotchgard Carpet Protector each time the carpet is cleaned to keep stains from setting in and the soil from grinding in.
5. Place walk off mats inside and outside every entrance to your home.
6. Place mats or bound remnants on top of the carpet at high wear areas, such as in front of the sofa or chairs and entry/exit points from the carpet.
7. Placing smooth plastic chair mats under chairs in front of desks may help to prevent carpet delaminating and wear.
8. Take off your shoes when you come into your home.
9. Control the circulation and disposal of food and drink through the home.
10. Use a powerful vacuum with a beater brush and excellent filtration system for carpets.
11. Take your vacuum in for a checkup at the vacuum repair shop annually to keep it operating at peak performance.
All Victoria Carpet Care Cleaning Technicians go through ongoing training programs and have achieved IIRC certification in the latest carpet and textile cleaning techniques. We are committed to providing the very best for our clients in Victoria BC!
Call Victoria Carpet Care at 250-474-7777 for a FREE evaluation on your cleaning needs or call our FREE 24 hour Consumer Awareness Message at 1-877-474-7577
VICTORIA CARPET CARE IS A ONE CALL SERVICE: Floor Waxing, Polishing and Cleaning, High Heat Extraction, Carpet Cleaning, Upholstery Cleaning, Mattress Cleaning, Area Rug Cleaning, Tile and Grout Cleaning, Pet Stains and Odors, Odor Control, RV and Auto Interiors, Oriental Rug Cleaning, Leather Cleaning, Disinfectants, Carpet and Upholstery Protectors, Environmentally Friendly Green Cleaning Options and Furniture Cleaning