THE 6 STEPS TO REMOVING SPOTS
1. Catch it while it's fresh, when chances of removal are 75% better. Don't iron or hot-air dry until the stain is gone. Heat will set most stains.
2. First blot up all the liquid and scrape up all the solids you can. On a large liquid spill you can use a wet/dry vac. Be careful not to spread the stain.
3. Test any chemical you intend to use in a hidden area to make sure it won't discolor or damage the surface.
4. Apply spotter and work from the outside of the stain in, to avoid spreading. Blot, don't scrub; strike with the flat face of a spotting brush if needed to help break up the stain.
5. Rinse chemical spotters out with water, blot the area dry and feather the edges. Brush or fluff up pile or nap.
6. On carpet and upholstery, put a thick pad of toweling over the spot, weight it down with books, and leave it there overnight to "wick up" any remaining moisture.
Many spots come out with our regular cleaning process. Some stubborn spots, such as red dye stains, grease spots, and others, require more specialized attention.
If a person used the wrong chemical (in this case, an oxidizer, which many household spot removers will use), that person would set the dye stain, making it impossible to remove.
Call 250-474-7777 today for a FREE Quote!
Here’s one last point:
Victoria Carpet Care guarantees our work. That’s right. We fully guarantee every cleaning job we do. If you aren't happy with our work, we’ll re-clean the area for free. If you still aren't happy, you pay nothing. Not one red cent. What could be more fair than that?
VICTORIA CARPET CARE IS A ONE CALL SERVICE: Carpet Repairs and Restretching, High Heat Extraction, Carpet Cleaning, Upholstery Cleaning, Mattress Cleaning, Area Rug Cleaning, Pet Stains and Odors, Odor Control, Oriental Rug Cleaning, Leather Cleaning, Disinfectants, Carpet and Upholstery Protectors, Environmentally Friendly Green Cleaning Options and Furniture Cleaning
Victoria Carpet Care is happy to provide our Carpet, Upholstery and Area Rug Cleaning Services to all of Greater Victoria, Sooke, Metchosin, Langford, Colwood, Saanich, View Royal, Esquimalt, Cordova Bay, Fairfield and Oak Bay.